I am so excited to be part of what God is doing here at Effort! We have lots of things coming up on our calendar in the Children’s Ministry, as well as some new changes to our program that will allow our program to better serve you and your family.
I want to explain the new things and how our programs will run so that we’re all on the same page and working toward a common goal. So……here’s what’s coming, beginning April 14…….
1) The name of our Children’s Ministry is being simplified from KidZone to The Zone. The purpose behind this is to give the building a more multi-purpose name and appeal so that as our church grows it can be used by more than just the children.
2) On Sunday mornings at 9:30am, drop-off for nursery & preschool will remain the same. Drop-off for children K-4th Grade will take place in The Zone building instead of in individual classrooms. This is to simplify our registration process and to provide a safe environment as children arrive. Children will go to their Sunday School classes in groups and will return to The Zone building at 10:55 for our Children’s Worship, where you can pick them up after the 11:00 Service.
3) We will also be doing a new form of drop-off for Preschool – 4th Grade. When you arrive, please escort your child inside and sign them in on our “Sign-in” sheet. When you arrive to pick them up, you will also sign them out. On April 14 we will ask you to complete a new information sheet for your child that will also include names of people you give us permission to release your child to. We understand this process may take an extra minute each week for you, but it’s for the protection of all our children.
4) We are creating an entirely new ministry for 5th & 6th Graders that will now fall under our Student Ministry instead of the Children’s. The Sunday School class for this age group will meet at 9:30am in classroom #8 in the FLC and will be led by Karin Holtz. Students in this ministry will also be part of the new Sunday Afternoon student worship service, Epic, at 5:00pm in the FLC.
5) We will no longer have Brink on Sunday afternoons because we are aiming to amp up our Sunday morning programs and give families time to spend together. We understand that families have very busy schedules and not a lot of downtime to spend together, so we encourage you to take Sunday afternoons and relax with your family.
If you have any questions about these new things, feel free to call, text or email me. I love hearing from you!!! These changes will all begin on Sunday, April 14. One last thing…I would personally like to challenge you, as parents, to get involved in our Children’s Ministry in some way…short term, long term or anything in between! Let me know you’re willing and we’ll find a place that fits for you!
Ms Jiffy Holland
434-808-2592 (Direct Church Cell)
Mark your calendars now for these upcoming events:
March 24 (Sun) Palm Sunday- beginning of our Easter celebration in the Children’s Dept
March 31 (Sun) Easter- Special morning events for kids beginning with breakfast at 9:30am in KidZoneBuilding
April 7 (Sun) 5th Grade Graduation during 11:00am Kids Worship Service
April 14 (Sun) Launch Day for all new changes
April 27 & 28 (Sat/Sun) Kids Spring Retreat (Ages K – 5th Grade) $35 Kids Spring Retreat Registration
April 28 (Sun) Kids singing Special Music during 11am Worship Service