Dear Donors, Fluvanna Correctional Center for Women Christmas Gift Ministry,
It’s such a blessing when donors contact us, eager to learn about this year’s program. It reminds us of the commitment and generosity of spirt we’ve consistently seen in the donors we’ve had the privilege to work with over a period of many years.”
– Ron and Nancy Switzer
This email contains detailed information about this year’s Christmas gift ministry at the Fluvanna Correctional Center for Women in Troy, Virginia. It is sent each year to all donors in our donor database. Recipients are encouraged to forward this information to any prospective donor.
Here’s a brief overview of the ministry:
1. In existence since 1998, the year the correctional center opened
2. Sponsored through the Chaplain Service Prison Ministry of Virginia (GraceInside)
3. Supported entirely by donations from individuals, churches, and organizations throughout the state of Virginia and beyond
4. Administered through Effort Baptist Church, Palmyra, VA, which is the delivery point for all donations
5. Although gifts are distributed at Christmas time, donations are welcome at any time of the year
6. Each of the approximate 1,300 inmates receive the gifts listed below
Here’s a complete list of the approved donations. For hygiene items, please purchase in the maximum size or as close to the maximum size as possible.
Hygiene Items (place in a gallon zip lock bag) – Substitute products are not permitted
1. One individually wrapped toothbrush
2. One tube of toothpaste, no larger than 6 oz.
3. One deodorant stick, no larger than 2.4 oz. (no spray or roll-on)
4. One bottle of shampoo, no larger than 15 oz.
5. One bottle of lotion, no larger than 15 oz.
Greeting Cards and Stationery Items
1. Christmas and Hanukkah cards and greeting cards for all occasions. All cards are sorted by a local team of volunteers after they’re received. Please try to avoid purchasing cards that contain aluminum foil on the card or envelope flap.
2. Stationery items – writing paper and envelopes of any size and envelopes either 6 ½” or 9 ½” long
3. Forever postage stamps (please do not affix the stamps to envelopes)
4. Wooden pencils (unsharpened)
For donors who wish to contribute money, please make your check payable to “Chaplain Service Prison Ministry of Virginia (GraceInside).” In the Memo section, write “FCCW Resource Fund.” These funds are used to purchase shortages in Christmas gift items and to support inmates in other ways, such as purchasing classroom materials, providing worship supplies, or paying travel expenses for funeral or deathbed visits.
Please mail all checks to the Fluvanna Correctional Center for Women (Attn: Chaplain’s Office), PO Box 1000, Troy, VA 22974.
Please mail or deliver all items to Effort Baptist Church. The church office is open 9 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday. If you’re delivering and the office is closed, please contact one of the individuals at the end of this email. The church is located at the intersection of Thomas Jefferson Parkway (Route 53) and Lake Monticello Road (Route 618) in Fluvanna County. The address is:
Effort Baptist Church
(Attn: Nancy & Ron Switzer)
7820 Thomas Jefferson Parkway
Palmyra, VA 22963
Communications with Donors
To help us avoid postage costs, please provide an email address that we may use to communicate with you, your church, or organization.
Deadline for Receipt of Donations
Please deliver donations for this year’s program not later than Thanksgiving.
Please complete the donor information sheet (linked above). Place a copy inside each shipped container and attach a copy to the outside of each delivered container. We send acknowledgement letters for all donations.
Thank you for your willingness to serve the Lord in this way. Please contact us if you have any questions.
All information in this announcement is available on the Effort Baptist Church website:
(1) Go to www.effortchurch.org;
(2) On the home page, click on the “Blog” tab at the top;
(3) On the Blog page under Categories on the right side, click on the Prison Gift Ministry; and
(4) Click on “View Post” button.
In His Name,
Nancy & Ron Switzer Pam & Jim Wimmer